The Supply Chain & Logistics Specialist will be responsible for assisting the Manager, Supply Chain & Logistics, the Director, Operations and other Supply and Logistics team members in the analysis, planning and execution of commercial activities related to ocean supply to European ports. He/she will also be responsible for analyzing and coordinating costs saving opportunities, ensuring adequate reporting both regionally and globally. He/she will work closely with the sales team to assist with analysis of new customer opportunities and maximizing netbacks from current customers. He/she will work with Responsible Care team to progress health, safety, and environmental initiatives with customers and service providers.
- Facilitate contract execution, coordinating supply plans with customers/terminals, executing and organizing supply documentation (nominations, customs forms, invoicing).
- Maintain close contact and develop relationship with customers, sales agents and suppliers.
- Manage operational tasks for order delivery, release and invoicing.
- Monitor and control the daily stocks at the EU Terminals to ensure timely replenishments.
- Manage emergency planning of vessels and liaise closely with internal and external parties, including any documentary requirements (such as insurance claims).
- Assist Director, Operations in defining logistics strategies: analyze and recommend logistics alternatives to create competitive advantage and improve profitability and support sales growth.
- Supply Chain tactical planning: weekly inventory reconciliation and vessel planning for EU vessels supply points as well as weekly calls with Egypt and Global Supply Chain to align production, demand and Global supply risk.
- Provide key analyses and reporting for cost of supply and contract negotiations, maintaining vessel KPI’s.
- Ensure that supply activities in Europe meet the Responsible Care guidelines.
- Under guidance from Responsible Care Manager, assist in performing port/terminal assessments, offtake and swap partner locations in line with global requirements.
- Degree in Economics, Supply Chain, Transport and/or Logistics Management
- Minimum 5 years experience in national and international supply chain operations (experience in ocean shipping of processed chemicals/oil is a huge asset)
- Languages: Fluent in English. Other languages are an asset
- Strong command of Excel required, knowledge of Power BI is an asset
- Strong communication skills in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent team working skills
- Understanding of product, processes, customers, competition and commercial awareness
- Analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills (able to quickly analyze cost optimal supply strategy)
- Strong negotiation & contract management skills – commercial and cost focus
- Capable to manage stress
- Proactive, agile, perseverant, resilient with positive attitude. Sees challenges as opportunities
- Organizational and time management skills
- High availability/flexibility
- Good presentation skills (Power point) is an asset
- In possession of a work permit in Belgium
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com