This position provides leading edge learning and development programs that align with functional and organizational goals and supports our strategic business objectives. Focusing on providing solutions that are fit for purpose and that build the necessary capabilities and competencies as identified through our strategic workforce planning, this position plays an integral role in supporting with the development and execution of Marketing & Logistics and Global learning & development strategies, as well as supporting with regional strategies in an advisory capacity.
Learning and Development – Marketing & Logistics
- Supports with the development and execution of the global Marketing & Logistics learning and development strategy and plan by:
- collecting stakeholder feedback
- identifying strategic areas of focus
- determining appropriate methods of training and developing the content (in collaboration with the business and/or external vendors)
- Identifies areas of opportunity to address competency and skill gaps outlined in the functional workforce plan, ensuring alignment with the learning and development strategy.
- Provides general support to the regional Marketing & Logistics HR Managers with the development of regional learning and development plans; ensures regional plans address gaps identified in workforce plans.
Learning and Development - Global
- Provides guidance and input, through research, collaboration and knowledge of internal stakeholders and external practices, to the global Leadership Development strategy.
- Supports the design and delivery of a cohesive set of global leadership development activities that contribute to the attraction, retention and development of leaders and employees at all levels.
- Monitors return on investment with regards to learning strategy and strives for continuous improvement.
- Remains current on leadership development best practice.
- Leads the development, design and delivery of relevant programs within the Methanex Global Leadership Suite of programs. Monitors design and recommends improvements with respect to these programs.
- Leads the global coordination of the frontline manager training at Methanex, supporting the regional HR Leaders in identifying, on-boarding and collaborating with trusted local facilitators in each location. Liaises directly with vendors to ensure successful module development and delivery. Monitors quality of training to ensure modules are delivered successfully.
- Supports the coordination and/or project management of global HR initiatives such HR Metrics development, etc., as required.
- Provides advice and Learning & Leadership expertise to regional HR from a global perspective.
- Looks for opportunities to streamline learning and development activities across the Corporation, where it makes sense. Offers guidance to ensure models, tools and current messaging are embodied in regional and global activities, e.g. providing advice to ensure consistency in models used for training events at the local level, where possible. This includes such things as team effectiveness, teambuilding, etc.
- Provides input into department vision and strategy for the function.
- Supports the learning and development resource allocation (people and budget).
Qualifications and Skills
- Undergraduate degree focused on human resources or adult learning
- Knowledge of instructional design, adult learning principles, facilitation, leadership development, and engagement principles
- At least 5-7 years working experience within the Human Resources function with a focus on learning and development
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong ability to communicate effective across multiple cultures
- Strong interpersonal/customer service skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Ability to travel and work remotely as required
Please note this opportunity will be located in either Vancouver, Dallas, Hong Kong or Brussels.