The Senior Analyst, Corporate Development provides senior management with complete analytical support for investment decisions being considered either corporately or regionally. The Senior Analyst supports commercial investigations and negotiations and may actively participate in such negotiations and contract development. Further, the position supports the development and maintenance of a corporate economic valuation model to measure value and the impacts of the various global strategic initiatives.
• Provide the economic justification for recommendations to acquire new operations/business and identify or quantify the associated risks.
• Identify, document and examine all key assumptions (i.e. revenue, costs, escalation, growth, manpower, logistics and distribution market share) of a discrete investment and measure value opportunity via an independent economic valuation model.
• Presentation of results to Director, Corporate Development & Strategy; SVP, Corporate Development; the Project sponsor (SVP) and other ELT members as required
• Review the corporate model output which is a vital tool relied on by the CEO and Senior Management and the tool from which incremental value of all Methanex investment decisions are assessed. This includes accurately identifying all key assumptions and corresponding corporate value.
• Ensure the output from the Corporate model supports the long-term tax and cash repatriation actions of Finance group.
• Build strong linkage with Marketing and Supply Chain to ensure consistency, logic, and appropriateness of key market/ logistical assumptions.
• Build strong liaison with regional or project teams responsible for assumptions and for validating changes of assumptions.
• Underpin negotiation strategy and tactics with detailed analytical support; actively support negotiation as appropriate.
• Contribute to the development of commercial contracts - documenting and proving the quantification of key terms.
• Support due diligence initiatives.
• Present/debate implications with negotiation team (including Director and SVP levels and external representatives).
• Related University Degree
• Professional analyst (CFA) or accounting (CPA, CA or CMA) designation desirable. Role requires a disciplined analytical approach and thorough knowledge of DCF analysis and other valuation tools.
• At least 5-7 years of strong analytical experience in similar industries with global operations to understand what the economic drivers are and how they are influenced.
• Expert financial modelling skills.
• Previous commercial experience with developing external relationships.
• Contract management experience.
• Ability to understand assumptions when interpreting results.
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and strong knowledge base of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
• Excellent interpersonal skills required to confidently interact with all levels of the organization.
• Strong communication skills to: motivate others to provide accurate, complete information as you need and deliver key messages of economic results to a variety of customers/audiences.