The Senior Business Systems Analyst proactively partners with stakeholders to understand their business objectives, operating model and processes. The Senior Business Systems Analyst identifies areas where efficiency and productivity could be improved using business process improvements and technology solutions.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst acts as a consultant to stakeholders, IT Teams, external service providers and vendors to ensure effective definition of and delivery of technology solutions that are adopted by users. Essential responsibilities include managing relationships, communications, business process development and analysis, data analysis, requirements definition, solution configuration, project coordination, documentation and training.
Develop and Manage Key Stakeholder Relationships
• Participate in regular business unit meetings to understand operational model, processes and business priorities.
• Work with cross-functional teams to design or re-engineer business processes and take ownership of their translation into design specifications, implementation and transition to operations.
• Maintain strong connections with vendors to research new products and assess impact on application stack/architecture/support.
• Provide guidance on IT capital budgets and project resource requirements.
• Advise business owners on policies and procedures governing the use of business applications.
• Work closely with IT vendors/implementation partners on projects.
• Evaluate existing and future business requirements, industry trends, and best practices in relevant technology domains to proactively identify opportunities to assist in the continuous improvement of the assigned processes and solutions.
• Develop user documentation and conduct training.
• Provide analytics and decision-making support.
• Consider usability and data management during the system lifecycle.
• Establish measures to ensure achievement of anticipated business outcomes.
• Help to leverage regional assets (system elements, processes and reports) in a global way to reduce duplication of effort.
• Provide input to the development of business capability driven roadmaps for assigned business systems, relevant Methanex architecture and software development standards, procedures and initiatives.
• Play a key role on projects. This includes partnering with Corporate functions such as Human Resources, Responsible Care, Communications and other departments to understand business needs and gain alignment on the delivery of the agreed upon projects. Responsibilities include business case development, solution configuration and test planning and testing, and design of system integrations, reports and analytics.
• Provide input into global impacts of changes made by regional projects.
• Partner with vendors to deliver Methanex-led solutions.
• Maintain system documentation and ensure changes to solutions follow internal processes.
HRIS Program Administration
• Vendor Releases: manage the assessment of key features, testing strategy, issue resolution; work with HR to determine which new features to enable and when; monitor features on the HRIS roadmap and determine implications for current state or new projects.
• Manage top level security administration in HRIS.
• Assist in developing and managing HRIS Roadmap of global and regional projects.
• Work with HRIS Analyst in managing the relationship with the managed services provider.
• University qualification or Diploma in Information Technology/Science/Systems, Human Resources Management, other relevant field with significant work experience in IT roles.
• IIBA certification is an asset.
• Minimum 10 years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst along with global project experience with cloud solutions. Some non-IT work experience (ex. Human Resources, etc.) may also be an asset.
• In-depth knowledge of Workday is essential. Experience on Workday implementation projects is highly favourable.
• Proven track record implementing complex, mid to large size business projects using internal and external resources.
• Advanced business knowledge, with ability to speak business language.
• Highly developed stakeholder management skills including effective communication at all levels of the organization, and ability to develop and adapt communications based on audience.
• Experience with the following disciplines: project management, business analysis, governance, testing, change management, release management, incident management and business continuity/disaster recovery.
• Knowledge of developing functional specifications.
• Experience facilitating meetings and workshops.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, administrative and organizational skills.
• Works well in ambiguous situations with demanding customers.
• Able to manage competing priorities from multiple customers in an effective and positive manner.
• Strong team player with the ability to take the initiative and be proactive when resolving issues.
• Experience working with global teams in a multi-disciplined/ multi-functional team environment.
• Office 365 knowledge is an asset.
Methanex only accepts online job applications that are submitted through our careers page at https://www.methanex.com/careers/current-opportunities