Reporting to HR Business Partner, China, you will be responsible for providing a professional, efficient and customer-focused service to Methanex Shanghai office, including reception, switchboard and office administrative support. Working under the supervision of HR Business Partner to ensure that the office is run efficiently and effectively, and employees are provided with a safe and comfortable working environment.
- Provide an effective and courteous reception service by receiving, welcoming and referring visitors to the appropriate staff member.
- Provide a prompt and courteous switchboard service by answering phone calls, connecting callers to the appropriate staff member and taking messages.
- Maintain an efficient mail service by promptly distributing incoming mail and fax correspondence, accepting and dispatching courier parcels. Assist in running urgent errands if and when necessary.
- Coordinate boardroom/meeting rooms’ booking, use of equipment for different business functions and business catering requirements if necessary.
- Ensure the Shanghai Office is kept as safe and clean with all equipment maintained at good working conditions and sufficient stationary and sundry items.
- Keep track of regular office expenses and arrange monthly payment.
- Coordinate business travel bookings, rental cars, flights and accommodation for outgoing and incomings Methanex employees and visitors.
- Assist the HR Business Partner in planning and coordinating of Shanghai office events and activities, including office renovation (if any), team meetings, lunch & learns, etc.
- Provide administrative support when required, including official documents/certificates application, work permit / visa application, document filing and maintenance, etc.
- Work closely with the Shanghai Administrative Assistant and act as a backup in his/her absence to provide a professional business support to the Shanghai team.
- Act as the Office Safety Warden to liase with office building management office and ensuring safety procedures are established and communicated with employees.
- Coordinate Responsible Care and Wellness activities related to office, including but not limited to office inspection, fire drills, first-aid trainings, and health talks, etc.
- University degree or above
- Fluency in English is a must, other Asian languages and good translation skills are preferred
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role, experience in multi-national companies is an advantage
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, good administrative skills (planning, organizing, coordinating, implementing)
- Close attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to manage confidential issues with tact and diplomacy
- Time management skills
- Proactive, self-directed and highly motivated, sense of humor and ability to be flexible; balanced perspective
- Ability to respond to on-going, multiple and varied demands