Plan and coordinate the design, installation, and connectivity of Network Systems to Support and maintain Information Technology Networking and Security Infrastructure in coordination with, Sr. Systems Administrator in order to ensure high level of availability ,reliability and integrity of Methanex data security and meeting customers quality expectations
- Plan, design and implement data connectivity for local area network (LAN), wide area network(WAN) systems; Global WAN (GWAN) services
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of company LAN, GWAN and WAN services
- Analyze and troubleshoot the network logs and track the nature and resolution of problems
- Install, support and maintain network appliances
- Create and maintain documentations related to network configurations, network topologies and records
- Develop, configure, maintain, support and optimize all new and existing network hardware, software and communication links
- Develop and deploy methodologies for testing network performance and providing network performance statistics and reports
- Perform analysis of network security needs and contributes to design, integration, and installation of hardware and software.
- Monitor and maintain IT boundaries security including firewalls, intusion detection systems and web access tools to make sure that no suspicious activities are being
- Ensure that antivirus on all Plant site and Cairo office PCs and laptops are up to date to avoid any risk of infection
- Monitor Network bandwidth usage to ensure security of data and access privileges.
- Plan, Recommend, and design telecommunications systems required to fulfil business needs
- Research, recommend, order and install telecommunications equipment
- Maintain and support Plant and Marine Radio systems.
- Follow up wireless and radio certifications with governmental authorities and third parties.
- Configure and maintain Voice communications systems.
- Manage contracts and SLAs for the above mentioned systems’ vendors, and give appropriate technical guidance to the IT manager.
- Maintain and support Cisco call manager voice system for internal communication and in conjunction with Egypt telecom PBX
- Configure and maintain all aspects of CCTV and Intrusion Detection system including Software, Hardware and networking to ensure high level of availability
- Configure and maintain Access Control System including readers systems, barriers, controllers and software to ensure high level of availability and accurate time stamping for entry and exit.
- Communicate with Security and operations departments to provide for CCTV/ACS needs periodically.
- Manage contracts and SLAs for the above mentioned systems’ vendors, and give appropriate technical recommendations to the IT manager.
- Create Information technology policies and procedures related to his discipline and perform a yearly review with the IT Manager.
- Apply Local and corporate IT policies and standards relating to the acquisition, implementation and use of information technology and communication systems.
- Enforce policies and procedures related to his area of responsibility to ensure protection of IT assets and integrity, security and privacy of information.
- Provide feedback and assist in development of IT Procedures in other areas of IT to ensure consistency.
- Awareness of related Government legislations and regulations related to the use of IT equipment and software licensing to ensure compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications or relevant studies. 5 years of experience working with data in a related field
- Cisco Networking: Switching , Security and IP telephony
- Microsoft Systems : Microsoft Certified System Administrator
- Certifications in Network Monitoring Tools