Lead, guide, supervise, and appraise Instrument Maintenance Engineers and Contractor team during normal operation and turnaround / Shutdown. Manages the discipline Daily/weekly/monthly maintenance plans. Ensures that team members comply with the company’s RC policies, procedures and meet Maintenance targets and KPI’s
- Plan medium term and short-term team goals, design and implement High impact supervisory initiatives, provide guidance, communicate priorities, assign tasks, and follow up on deliverables, set performance measures Optimize resources.
- Build and maintain high team spirit, identify and develop people talent, Interview and select internal and external candidates for vacant positions according to Internal Placement and Staffing procedures. Set Annual SMART Goals, and Development Goals as per IMPACT,monitor review and evaluate performance of IT team .
- Act as a role model, manage people behaviors in consultation with HR , communicate policy and procedures, provides coaching and constructive feedback, enforce discipline and code of ethics, monitor people attendance, satisfaction, engagement and intentions to stay/Leave, work closely with HR on Engagement initiatives, motivate team members, recognize and reward top performers.
- Set and review with department superintendent the contractor scope of work (SOW), and RC requirements to guarantee work accomplished within approved company procedures, policies, and targets in a cost efficient way.
- Select, train, and develop contractor individuals to fit in Emethanex Culture and have company accepted performance and competency level.
- Provide contractors with proper tools, equipment, documents, and work instructions to guarantee all tasks performed as per company approved quality and safety standards in a timely and efficiently manner.
- Ensure contractors utilizing proper and sufficient safety gears and working under company approved procedures to secure safe working environment and incident-free work place.
- Ensure and enforce contractors’ attendance, positive participation, and engagement in all relevant company safety communication sessions and safety programs (TBT’s, training, campaigns, etc.) to increase safety awareness, enhance safety performance, and meet company targets and KPI’s.
- Ensure all site activities hazards and proper risk assessment are addressed and delivered to contractors to ensure safely management of site activities along with site rules.
- Ensure adequate contractor supervision in place in all site activities to accomplish tasks safely, efficiently, timely while meeting company quality standards.
- Monitor / Address contractor performance, initiate and implement corrective actions upon unsatisfactory performance to maintain meeting company targets and KPI’s.
- Continuously review contractor man power organization and individuals’ competencies and performance to optimize man power count, utilization, and overtime while meeting company targets and KPI’s.
- Keep and enforce healthy relationship with contractors by effective communication to address issues and resolve accordingly
- Establish and maintain healthy relationship with vendors / OEMs to achieve effective communication channels, secure On-Time support, and maintain competitive deals.
- Follow and attend (as appropriate) Vendors / OEM periodic events and technical releases to track latest products, upgrades, and technologies and make use of lesson learnt from sister industries problems.
- Liaising with technical department counterparts, communicate site problems with OEM to seek professional support/ proactive solution
- Act as Methanex ambassador in terms of demonstrating company values and professionalism to maintain company image and reputation.
- Directly Supervise the Outsourcing Service Providers / OEMs and ensure approved Engineering Standards Application to accomplish site activities as per company approved procedures and quality standards in a timely basis.
- Set and review with department superintendent the department assets maintenance strategy, programs, and directions in compliance with vendor recommendations, codes and standards, and best practice to ensure effective maintenance activities and optimum asset life cycle cost.
- Develop, Implement, and review with department superintendent action plans to achieve maintenance targets and KPI’s.
- Identify, and Set-up required resources to implement maintenance activities (preventive, corrective, predictive, Inspection, and Performance Monitoring) – to meet company and maintenance department targets and KPI’s and emphasize effective resources consumption/utilization to secure optimum Maintenance cost.
- Prepare and periodically review / update maintenance procedures and follow up strict adherence to ensure safe and effective maintenance activities.
- Ensure all maintenance activities and assets data / records are managed and reported correctly through company CMMS (MAXIMO) to keep continuous and valid records for all assets.
- Allocate and plan resources to maintain 24 hour maintenance coverage to support safe and continuous operation.
- Prepare - in conjunction with Planning and Department Superintendent - and execute plant shutdown and turnarounds maintenance activity plans to meet company targets and KPI’s.
- Establish and maintain effective and sustainable business relationship with technical department and reliability team counterparts to support reaching assets reliability / integrity targets and clear out plant vulnerability issues.
- Ensure all assets under custody are operating and performing within the design envelop and propose corrective actions accordingly.
- Plan and organize a large volume of work taking into consideration frequent interruptions, and conflicting and changing priorities to meet tight deadlines
- B.Sc. Engineering - Electric, Electronics, Communication & Control.
- Minimum of 10 years of in the area of Instrument in Oil, Gas or Petrochemical Plants.