The Product Manager is responsible leading the development of regional strategic marketing and business plans and supporting development of the global marketing strategy by forecasting regional S&D balances, maintaining high quality competitor and derivative plans, and supporting other marketing related initiatives. The position actively contributes to the Strategic Market Planning Team (SMPT) by managing regional market intelligence activities to develop a comprehensive market understanding.
- Drive a 5‐year NA Strategic Planning process including (i) coordinate a high quality regional business strategy session, (ii) collaborate with regional functional groups to develop coordinated and comprehensive business plans, and (iii) communicate regularly to organization (e.g. strategy, business plan, quarterly business updates, etc.).
- Contribute to the development of the global strategic marketing plan, focused on strategic shifts.
- Analyze, evaluate and make recommendation about supply and demand factors within North America, including new methanol projects and provide timely updates to MIS. Support global update to S&D balances through CI efforts on key competitors or behavior of producers/consumers.
- Prepare monthly Market Intelligence System (MIS), marketing and NA S&D reports (trade flow, production, swaps, etc.) and other regular submissions (e.g. quarterly marketing report, information for annual report, etc.).
- Develop annual mix matrix to refine understanding of regional competitors’ strategies.
- Support sales team with pricing, MIS review and marketing sales plans (contract log, mix matrix, contract expiration, targeted accounts, etc.).
- Seek out and develop value generating opportunities to improve overall netback of NA business together with sales team and logistics group.
- Support CI culture through organization / keep sales organization up‐to‐date on latest trends; share market knowledge with office /sales team.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum undergraduate business/technical degree required. MBA desired
- Minimum five (5) years actual work experience in industrial marketing
- Commercial experience: Two years in sales preferred
- Solid understanding of product, processes, customers, competition
- Compelling communication skills; oral and written
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Broad and deep knowledge of the methanol industry and the major derivatives
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Highly adaptive, able to problem solve and respond rapidly to change
- Solid organization and time management skills
- Capacity to get things done through others with two direct reports