The Recruitment Specialist is responsible for all processes related to Talent Acquisition including full life-cycle Recruitment: Position Description Development, Maintenance of Applicant Tracking System, Job Postings, Interview Process and Screening, Candidate Selection, and Pre-employment Processes by using established and creative sourcing methods (both internal and external). Partnering with hiring managers to determine resourcing needs in coordination with organizational workforce plans.
- Develops and maintains administrative procedures related to recruitment. Ensures procedures remain up to date and seeks out process improvements.
- Responsible for Position Description Development, as well as updates periodically.
- Supports recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt positions, GiT (Graduate in Training) Program, and Summer Intern Program.
- Responsible for the coordination and management of job postings and advertisements.
- Prepare interview packets and maintain interview files for ongoing references.
- Coordinate and liaise with external recruitment agencies and manage external recruiter relationships.
- Partners with Procurement Team to review and negotiate recruiting agency contracts.
- Ensures timely coordination for recruiting activities to meet committed recruiting timelines and staff placement.
- Partners with hiring managers to determine staffing needs and timing.
- Screens resumes, participates on interview panels, administers appropriate assessments and reference/background screening, makes recommendations for hire (or not hire) and delivers employment offers for both exempt and nonexempt position openings.
- Uses traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, university campus events, online career sites, community network events, etc. to identify and attract quality candidates.
- Develops and manages advertising programs (internal and external) to ensure high visibility with potential candidates.
- Manages internal transfer process, including screening, coordination of interviews with hiring manager, transfer offer letters, etc.
- Leads the coordination of the pre-employment process in collaboration with other HR team members.
- Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding recruiting process in a timely manner.
- Develops and maintains an excellent relationship with internal and external customers to ensure achievement of staffing goals.
- Communicates important employment information during delivery of employment offers (e.g., compensation and benefits, noncompete agreements).
- Works with hiring managers to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations.
- Manages candidate activity in the applicant tracking system (ATS) and handles reporting requests as needed.
- Manages application/resume file.
- Maintains memberships and affiliations with trade/professional organizations related to industry.
- Maintain current knowledge of USA Human Resources legislation practices and trends.
- Assists with all internal and external HR related matters.
- Support and participate in Workforce Planning initiatives.
- Assist HR Advisors with Relocation and Immigration support related to Global Assignments.
- Participate in developing and maintaining organizational guidelines, policy, and procedures.
- Reinforce Methanex culture and values through customer service and employee interface.
- Seeks opportunities to drive forward continuous improvement and operational excellence in the area of Human Resources.
- Coordinates with all other HR Team members on HR processes and activities.
- Partners with Payroll Team on hiring information for new hires as needed.
- Contributes to the organizational vision of Global Methanol Leadership and as a team member demonstrates the core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism.
- Conducts all business in a manner which supports the Responsible Care® ethic.
- Networks with other Methanex sites to the mutual benefit of all sites.
- Responsible for ensuring awareness of all controlled documents relating to this position as per Document Awareness Report from Document Management Database.
- Contribute to the ‘operational excellence’ for Methanex USA as an effective member of the Human Resources department.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources, or related field of study preferred, or equivalent work experience required.
- 3-5 related work experience in a chemical manufacturing environment preferred.
- 5+ years of prior recruiting experience preferred.
- HRIS or Applicant Tracking System experience is preferred.
- Planning and Organization, Teamwork and Collaboration, Communication, Organization, Time Management, Prioritizing.
By clicking "Apply Now" you will be redirected to the Louisiana Works website to apply for this position.