Provides effective administrative and organization services to the Human Resources Department at Methanex Geismar. The HR Assistant will provide support to the HR team in areas including Compensation, Benefits, Performance Management, Talent Management, HR Training, Workforce Planning, Reporting, Budgeting and Invoicing, Recruiting and Onboarding, and Out-processing. This position also provides occasional support to other Administrative Assistants and Receptionist when needed.
- Provides timely and confidential administrative and organizational support to the Human Resources team.
- Assists with the development, maintenance, and update of documents, spreadsheets, and presentations utilizing Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Manages the Human Resources Department network drives including SharePoint, Meridian, Active Learner, and others as necessary.
- Maintains the Human Resources department intranet site and ensures information is current and relevant.
- Provides administrative support in updating, circulation and publishing of all controlled procedures.
- Provides administrative support for recruitment and benefits administration, including assisting in the coordination of the pre-employment and hiring process.
- Prepare expense reimbursement claims.
- Maintains the PTO (paid time off) setup and tracking in the HRIS System.
- Maintains current employee data in the HRIS, completing initial entry and updates as required, and maintains electronic employee personnel files.
- Receives invoices for processing in Maximo.
- Responsible for tracking HR department training status, including the creation of reports for training recertification annually or as directed.
- Serves as a member of the SharePoint Superuser team and manages permissions on SharePoint.
- Responsible for maintaining updated organizational charts for all departments and tracking headcounts and vacancies.
- Handles confidential information including unemployment claims, compensation planning, offer package documents, wage and salary information including completion of salary surveys.
- Organizes, compiles and accurately prepares required information for scheduled meetings, required reports and other documents, including obtaining input from HR department for agendas and other requirements.
- Coordinate travel and visa requirements within the Global Travel Guidelines and assists in preparing comprehensive travel arrangements as needed.
- Assists with the coordination and organization of meetings, special events, community involvement initiatives and committee involvement.
- Supports the administrative portion of the pre-employment and new hire processes.
- Supports and assists with meeting preparations (i.e. location, beverages, and food service).
- Maintains compliance posters for site.
- Provides back-up support for the receptionist to ensure a seamless reception service.
- Contributes to the organizational vision of Global Methanol Leadership and as a team member demonstrates the core values of trust, respect, integrity and professionalism.
- Conducts all business in a manner which supports the Responsible Care® ethic.
- Networks with other Methanex sites to the mutual benefit of all sites.
- Responsible for ensuring awareness of all controlled documents relating to this position as per Document Awareness Report from Document Management Database.
- Contribute to the ‘operational excellence’ for Methanex USA as an effective member of the Human Resources department.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Post-secondary education in Administration would be an asset.
- Previous experience within an HR team would be an asset.
- 5 years experience in Administrative function, preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced MS Office suite application knowledge.
- Proactive, self-directed and highly motivated, ability to be flexible; balanced perspective.
- Ability to perform under pressure in a fast paced and demanding environment, and capable of responding to ongoing, multiple and varied requests.
- Ability to maintain utmost confidentiality and professionalism.
- Strong public relations skills to interface with both internal and external customers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, administrative skills (planning, organizing, coordinating, implementing).
- Administers records/document management and office resources management.
- Fundamental Human Resource functional knowledge - ability to work with HR staff and work with HR terms and issues.
- Able to prepare basic correspondence, following verbal instruction.
By clicking "Apply Now" you will be redirected to the Louisiana Works website to apply for this position.