Works to improve the productivity and efficiency of Maintenance resources and plant assets by eliminating potential delays and reducing downtime of plant and equipment through effective planning and preparation of mechanical work.
Provides general assistance to the Maintenance Department with the use and development of the Methanex USA Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Ensures that accurate plans are developed for the execution of maintenance work including Major Maintenance and Contingency plans to respond to opportunities that arise during planned and unplanned shutdowns.
- Determines the appropriate level of planning required for non-urgent work and ensure that effective detailed plans are developed including identification of resources; spares parts, materials, documentation, statutory requirements and other special requirements are identified.
- Interact actively with Operations and requester groups to get the details about the scope of work and relevant information to get the work planned.
- Identifies and creates PR’s for any outside services needed to execute work.
- Places demand/orders for all known stock and non-stock items and reflect delivery time within the plan.
- Develops and maintains planner reference systems (library) including a file of planned job packages for recurring jobs. Equipment and process labor and material information within the library are used to simplify the planning of new jobs.
- Assists Mechanical Supervisor, Rotating Equipment Supervisor, Pipefitters, Welders, and Millwrights by providing support in the coordination of additional resources, materials and parts if scope changes during execution of work.
- Reviews job audit forms of planned versus actuals for standard work plans to gauge accuracy of estimations and identify actions for continuous improvement.
- Provides assistance to Maitenance Supervisors during execution of Major Maintenance, coordinating any additional requirements and update plans accordingly to reflect changes in scope as required.
- Ensures that accurate contingency plans are developed to allow for efficient mobilization of resources to execute work and reduce plant risk during times of planned and unplanned plant shutdowns without extending duration of downtime.
- Plans efficiently to ensure timely availability of planned work for execution.
- Updates BOM’s and the job plan list in the CMMS database with changes identified by system users or as a result of plant modifications.
- Acts as a resource in CMMS functionality and identifies opportunities for the Maintenance dept. to extend its use of the system.
- Interact with Maintenance Scheduler to assure enough planned work is available for weekly scheduling of craft available man hours.
- Contributes to the organizational vision of Global Methanol Leadership and as a team member demonstrates the core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism.
- Conducts all business in a manner which supports the Responsible Care® ethic.
- Assures Safety is #1 priority when planning work and creating job packages.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and/or Manager
- Establish and demonstrate behaviors that deliver Excellence in Safety, Quality and Service.
- Responsible for ensuring awareness of all controlled documents relating to this position as per Document Awareness Report from Document Management Database.
- Participates in local and global teams to execute specific projects, or to foster and develop the corporate use of CMMS’s.
- Contributes to the ‘operational excellence’ for Methanex USA as an effective member of the Maintenance department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Mechanical Trade Certification required or equivalent mechanical experience.
- 3+ years in a planning role desired.
- 10+ years’ experience in a mechanical trade in chemical manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment and pipe specifications.
- Ability to read and interpret plant drawings (ISOs, P&IDs, etc.).
- Experience working in an industrial maintenance environment.
- Able to effectively communicate with a wide cross section of people.
- An understanding of Maintenance job planning and scheduling techniques.
- Expert user of Microsoft Office products.
- Experienced user of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems. Development and configuration experience would be an advantage. Previous Maximo use would be an advantage.
- Strong Knowledge of work management processes, labor estimating, resource balancing, etc.
- Good working knowledge of facilities equipment and O&M requirements.
- Strong understanding of skilled crafts such as HVAC, carpentry, electricity and electronics, mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, plumbing, pipe fitting, etc.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints and/or schematic diagrams.
- Good organization skills and technical writing ability.
- Demonstrated ability for independent decision-making.
- Familiarity with work scheduling software such as Microsoft Project or Primavera.
- Familiarity with “Business Intelligence” tools and reporting systems.
- Experienced with Industrial Maintenance practices and systems.
- Must have the ability to overcome obstacles and have the organizational skills necessary to complete assignments in a timely manner.
By clicking "Apply Now" you will be redirected to the Louisiana Works website to apply for this position.