Provides equipment inspection service for static equipment, structures and infrastructure to allow the Maintenance Department to cost effectively achieve plant availability requirements, and meet the requirements of Methanex standards and procedures.
- Inspects static equipment in the plant as required and identifies, develops and implements any action necessary to rectify deficiencies.
- Creates Welding packages as required, inspects the work and reports on the results.
- Assists Purchasing with the inspection of pressure retaining equipment during the receiving process.
- Conducts and/or facilitates Non-Destructive Test (NDT) methods (UT, MT, PT, RT and VT, etc) as applicable and required.
- Analysis and interpretation of field data to make decisions on inspections, tests required, repairs, etc.
- Reads and interprets materials, such as work orders, inspection manuals, and blueprints to determine inspection and test procedures.
- Assists with the investigation and finding of root causes for significant static equipment failures and near misses.
- Maintains and updates management systems and maintenance programs required to meet the static equipment reliability strategy.
- Assists with the detailed planning and execution of routine Maintenance and Turnaround activities for static equipment.
- Assists with the review of static equipment design packages to ensure they meet maintenance requirements.
- Provides technical direction to Maintenance Engineers, Maintenance Supervisors and Skilled Tradesmen on static equipment work as required.
- Ensures staff and contractor compliance with Methanex systems and procedures.
- Contributes to the organizational vision of Global Methanol Leadership and as a team member demonstrates the core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism.
- Conducts all business in a manner which supports the Responsible Care® ethic.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and/or Manager
- Networks with other Methanex sites to the mutual benefit of all sites.
- Responsible for ensuring awareness of all controlled documents relating to this position as per Document Awareness Report from Document Management Database.
- Contribute to the ‘operational excellence’ for Methanex USA as an effective member of the Maintenance department.
- Ensure there is effective integration with the other Maintenance department groups and with other Methanex departments.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Applicable Trade Certification desired
- 5+ years’ experience in Chemical Manufacturing or related industry
- 5+ years Pressure Equipment Inspection experience, with knowledge of ASME Code, Section VIII API 510 and API 570 certification required; API 653 certification desired
- 5+ years Maintenance experience, with knowledge of PSV and Piping inspections
- Experience with NDT
- Previous ASNT Level II qualifications would be an asset
- Experience with Static Equipment
- Experience with Predictive and Preventative Maintenance programs
- Experience with reliability concepts and analysis methods
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis
- Experience with ISO 9000
- Proven effective communicator across a wide range of people groups
- Expert user of Microsoft Office products
- Able to effectively challenge traditional thinking and practices. Seeks innovative solutions
- Able to set and meet deadlines which can arise at short notice
By clicking "Apply Now" you will be redirected to the Louisiana Works website to apply for this position.