To effectively lead capital cost & project evaluations, reporting and analysis to allow optimization of spend for the Geismar business. This includes Minor Capital Projects, Opex Projects, and Turnarounds.
- Lead the project costing team.
- Monitors and reports on current and future capital projects, ensuring compliance with codes of practice and Methanex principles.
- Develops and manages the capital expenditure plan and analyzes proposed projects to optimize the relevant portfolio to deliver maximum value/risk reduction to the Geismar Capital Plan.
- Provides reporting guidance as required to allow capital management decision making, including project and standard reporting processes.
- Manages the forecast process for costs related to capital projects.
- Supervises any financial close out work associated with the projects, including capitalization guidance and post project completion audits.
- Provides guidance in drafting Authorization for Expenditures (AFE) and performing project economic justification analysis.
- Manages Post AFE reviews with project owner(s) and site management.
- Supervises financial services provided to projects, including but not limited to economic evaluations, recording, monitoring, forecasting, reporting, financial analysis and trending.
- Develops and builds effective hierarchical cost structures with Planners and Project Leads, coordinating the development of budgets for each project structure.
- Provides daily cost updates to Senior Plant Management during the execution phase.
- Manages Earned Value Management system to measure project performance and progress.
- Oversees project-related records, including contracts and change orders.
- Supervises the close out of project accounts upon project completion.
- Collaborates with Procurement regarding budgeted costs.
- Ensures ongoing compliance with contracts during project execution.
- Actively promotes Methanex’s Behaviour Standards.
- Participates in the competitive bid tab development and analysis.
- Records, monitors and controls the budgets and forecast with each project, effectively managing expenditure profiles against company funding.
- Provides analysis as required.
- Identifies potential finance process and system improvements and assists in change process as relevant.
- Build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders to increase business understanding and role efficiency.
- Provides coaching and staff development in the areas of project costing while adhering to the Methanex’s Core Values.
- Networks with other Methanex sites for mutual benefit of all sites.
- Responsible for ensuring awareness of all controlled documents relating to this position as per Document Awareness Report from Document Management Database.
- Contribute to the ‘operational excellence’ for Methanex Geismar site as an effective member of the Finance department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, or other relevant discipline from an accredited institution required.
- 8+ years project costing experience would be an asset.
- Detailed knowledge of project contracts and change order documents.
- Awareness of business ethics, good judgment, eye for detail, and integrity.
- Proven working knowledge of capital project costing and forecasting.
- Advanced computer literacy with Microsoft Excel and Projects.
- Knowledge of computerized procurement management systems.
- Good organizing and planning skills.
- Above average written and oral communication skills.
By clicking "Apply Now" you will be redirected to the Louisiana Works website to apply for this position.