Assists in maintaining the Maximo/Peoplesoft Accounts Payable System for all Methanex Geismar entities for accurate and timely reporting of the Financial Statements with primary focus on Accounts Payable to ensure timely and accurate payment to suppliers.
Completes transactions such as:
- Process and payment of employee expense claims and Visa card accounts.
- Process and payment of contractor and vendor invoices via Purchasing system.
- Payment processing of all invoices by way of Accounts Payable module within the accounting software system.
- Responsible for matching and assembling documentation in preparation of payments from accounts.
- Ensures that invoices being presented for payment are valid in all respects including income tax and other taxation requirements.
- Ensures correct authorization and evidence of receipt of goods and the existence of services before payment.
- Data entry of invoice and payment details into the accounting software Accounts Payable system.
- Investigates supplier and Methanex employee accounts payable queries and inquiries.
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements to confirm that they agree with Methanex records. Follow up on reconciling items in a timely manner in conjunction with the Accounts Payable Specialist, Financial Accountant and/or Financial Accounting Supervisor.
- Refers price adjustments and queries to Purchasing department.
- Works with the relevant parties in the Finance department for payment of invoices requiring prompt payment.
- Liaises with Purchasing department and vendors to obtain correct vendor information for both existing and new vendors.
- Works with the warehouse team to remedy any discrepancies between goods receipts in accounting system and invoiced amounts received from vendors.
- Processes employee advances/returns and expense claims.
- Checks employee expense claims to ensure they are in accordance with company policy, are correctly approved and then processes for payment.
- Processes company credit card payments, ensuring appropriate authorization, coding and prompt payment.
- Records and processes employee expense and credit card costs and performs reconciliation.
- Works with relevant parties throughout the plant in building the month end accounts payable accrual to ensure accurate reporting of liabilities incurred in the proper period within the Financial Statements.
- Assists in the facilitation of the interface between Maximo and the PeopleSoft general ledger.
- Assists in ensuring that all accounts payable written procedures are accurate and correct and updated as needed.
- Contributes to the organizational vision of Global Methanol Leadership and as a team member demonstrates the core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism.
- Conducts all business in a manner which supports the Responsible Care® ethic.
- Networks with other Methanex sites to the mutual benefit of all sites.
- Responsible for ensuring awareness of all controlled documents relating to this position as per Document Awareness Report from Document Management Database.
- Contribute to the ‘operational excellence’ for Methanex as an effective member of the Finance department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous accounting experience in Accounts Payable for a minimum of 2 years.
- Maintain flexibility and respond to changing work demands and/or priorities.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Extremely motivated and takes initiative in completing tasks.
- A high level of analytical skills for reconciliations.
- Time-management, planning and organizing skills.
- MS Office application knowledge including Word, Excel and Power point.
- High level of interpersonal skills (communication, listening and reliability).
- Good public relations skills to interface with both internal and external customers.
- Proactive in identifying opportunities to improve team or process efficiency.
- Ability to maintain utmost confidentiality.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
By clicking "Apply Now" you will be redirected to the Louisiana Works website to apply for this position.